Involved in the development of the strategic technical architecture plans in partnership with the business or staff department. Provides technical solutions to business problems and technical direction to management.
- Provide computer program, system development and technical support, implement complex technical strategies, and correct problems of a highly complex, critical nature.
- Initiate analysis for complex problems and issues, determine technical alternatives, analyze vendor solutions and negotiate contracts, and develop appropriate standards for technology application.
- Initiate and conduct feasibility studies of new and modified operational procedures. For large systems, prepare cost and benefit analyses, functional and detail specifications.
- Provide direct guidance in planning, designing, programming, documentation and implementation of the systems.
- Provides analysis and solutions to technical and business issues. Understand and apply technology and Corporate vision setting direction on implementation. Maintain awareness of business and technology strategies and implements technical alternatives and strategies to gain competitive advantage.
- Can demonstrate outstanding Java 8 skills such as Concurrency, data structures, lock free, wait free code, low latency
- Can demonstrate continuous attention to technical excellence and good design principles
- TDD, Continuous Integration, Selenium, continuous deployment and testing
- Experience with REST and messaging technologies
- Experience working in a DevOps focused environment
- Experience of working in an Agile Team
- Experience writing mutli threads software desired
- Understanding of structure and mechanics of FX products is a plus
- Experience in profiling and performance tuning is a plus
- Experience in enterprise security is a plus
- Experience in Clojure is a plus.
- MDX, OLAP, Active Pivot skills is a plus
- Interest and experience in a wide range of technologies and best practices surrounding GUI and Java technology
- Demonstrates a passion for software development outside of work through involvement in opensource and working groups