Regulated financial services group with operations in banking, investment, virtual banking and technology is looking for an additional lawyer to join its group legal division. This newly created role will look after the group's local, cross-border and regional investments and strategic initiatives whilst occasionally handle various aspects of general commercial matters. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an established brand name working alongside a group of vibrant and entrepreneurial industry banking experts (especially for those who are keen to step into the financial services sector).
The incoming individual should possess the following qualifications:
- 15+ PQE, trained and practised in the corporate finance space from reputable international law firms
- Additional experience working within an in-house legal team is required - from both traditional financial services or corporate industry
- Legal admission from a common law jurisdiction
- Strong legal knowledge in general corporate commercial and ability to oversee and run regional transactions independently
- Literacy in Chinese is required with the ability to draft and review commercial agreements
- Solid communication and management skills are required to work with senior-level business stakeholders whilst handling relationships with regulatory bodies and external counsels