Work closely with an internal inter-disciplinary team, and outside partners to drive key aspects of product definition, execution and test.
Role and responsibilities
- Ownership of the overall systems development life cycle
- Execution against project plans and timely delivery of committed results
- Management of day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile environment
- Management of departmental resources, staffing, and mentoring
- Build, enhance and maintain a best-in-class engineering team
- Working closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical designs
- Report on the status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management
- Maintenance and enhancement of software frameworks for development
- Grounding in Computer Science fundamentals.
- 7+ years’ experience building successful production software systems.
- 3+ years of people management experience.
- Experience working with networking or communications devices in an embedded environment.
- Deep understanding of software development in a team and a track record of shipping software on time
- Proficiency of the tools of the trade, including a variety of modern programming languages (C/C++, Java, Python) and open-source technologies (Linux, RTOS, busybox)
- Development experience on mobile platforms such as Google Android and/or Apple iOS
- Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
- Can handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional projects
- Strong business and technical vision
- Broad hands-on technical expertise
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills