As the Supplier Quality Engineer, you will be responsible for inspecting and qualifying products from suppliers throughout the supply chain process to ensure that a high quality of aircraft products are delivered, on time, to customers. In this role, your continuous improvement efforts will impact the business significantly.
- Maintain compliance to the Quality Management System.
- Write and complete Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) during order execution and prior to product shipment from the supplier factory to satisfy OTQ and OTD requirements; verify quality documentation as in QMS.
- Write First Article Inspection (FAI) documents to the engineering design drawings and specifications; provide objective evidence that the FAI requirements are accounted for, verified, and recorded.
- Collaborate with the supply chain and engineering teams to resolve nonconforming product; write and coordinate 8D corrective actions.
- Ensure recording and storage of supplier manufacturing quality and communication documentation.
- Improve process to improve product quality and supplier OTQ and OTD.
- Evaluate suppliers and provide training in best practices to continually improve product and process quality.
- Improve design for manufacturability of engine products through participation in internal design reviews to identify design and/or manufacturing improvements, including the solicitation of input from Suppliers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and management skills in matrix organizations and global suppliers.
- Experience in common office tools (Microsoft – Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Appropriate Engineering and/or Manufacturing Discipline OR 10+ years of equivalent experience.
- Experience Required: 5 years minimum
- Knowledge and experience in Inspection (FAI - First Article Inspection), Quality Reviews, GD&T, Machining, Materials (primarily steel), Welding, Heat Treatment Assembly
- ISO 9001 based Quality Management Systems
Interested candidates who wish to apply for the advertised position, please email us an updated copy of your resume Attn: Mike. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Email: email@example.com