Reporting to a hands-on and people-oriented Quality Manager, you will be working with a high performing quality team to inspect and qualify products from suppliers throughout the supply chain process to ensure that a high quality of Engine Components is delivered, on time, to the customers. Your continuous improvement efforts will impact the business significantly.
- You will maintain compliance to the Quality Management System.
- Write and complete Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) during order execution and prior to product shipment from the supplier factory to satisfy OTQ and OTD requirements; verify quality documentation as in QMS.
- Write First Article Inspection (FAI) documents to the engineering design drawings and specifications; provide objective evidence that the FAI requirements are accounted for, verified, and recorded.
- Collaborate with the supply chain and engineering teams to resolve nonconforming product; write and coordinate 8D corrective actions.
- Ensure recording and storage of supplier manufacturing quality and communication documentation.
- Improve process to improve product quality and supplier OTQ and OTD.
- Document lessons learned during each project and report the lessons to the Quality team.
- Develop manufacturing best practices for suppliers based on experience, personal training and lessons learned.
- Evaluate suppliers and provide training in best practices to continually improve product and process quality.
- Improve design for manufacturability of engine products through participation in internal design reviews to identify design and/or manufacturing improvements, including the solicitation of input from Suppliers.
- Provide process training to suppliers to ensure they comply with engine process and PO requirements.
- You should possess minimum a bachelor’s degree in Aeronautical/ Engineering/ Manufacturing field and minimum 5 years of quality assurance experience
- Candidate with ISO 9001 based Quality Management Systems experience will be highly sought after.
- Knowledge and experience of engineering design and manufacturing processes:
- Inspection (FAI - First Article Inspection), Quality Reviews, GD&T, Machining, Materials
- (primarily steel), Welding, Heat Treatment Assembly