A leading Global high frequency trading firm seeks dynamic and talented Support Engineer, for the Post Trade & Finance Technology Division
Post-Trade & Finance Technology division is responsible to manage the firm's new generation of middle and back-office functions including books and records, P&L, reconciliation systems, fees, compliance, regulatory reporting and surveillance - and further to achieve efficiency in treasury and finance accounting functions through technological innovation.
- Supporting and maintaining the next-generation Post Trade systems at Tower
- Working with trade support and developers across multiple regions to resolve production issues
- Leading or contributing to migration, automation of support activities.
- Diagnosing and fixing bugs on existing production platforms
- Documenting production issues and production interventions taken
- Supporting new execution venues, trading products, and data vendors
- Establishing certification criteria for enhancements and/or new products to be released into production and integrating them into the testing and deployment process
- Working closely with end-users to understand their needs and providing technical expertise
- Contributing to the design and implementation of the support system to enhance reliability and self-correction
- Monitoring and reporting on the status and health of production systems.
- 2-5 years working in a fast-paced environment, including diagnosing and resolving production issues
- 2+ years working as a support specialist for a global team
- At least 2 years experience working with Enterprise applications are written in Java, Python, Linux shell scripting, and job schedulers
- At least 2 years experience working with SQL (ie. MySQL, Postgres) and NoSQL (ie. MongoDB, ElasticSearch) databases
- Knowledge of the full web programming stack a plus
- Past role(s) within electronic trading and a thorough understanding of financial instruments including equities, commodities, credit, interest rates, foreign exchange, cryptocurrencies, futures, forwards, and options will be a plus
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills