- The Legal Counsel provides expert and professional legal advice, guidance and support to ensure that the legal and reputational risks faced by the area of coverage are identified, reported and mitigated. This role reports to General Counsel, country Head of Legal.
- Report to: General Counsel
- To be the accountable lawyer to the executives of the area on all material legal issues that relevant business, global functions and HOST face.
- Execute against relevant policies and procedures for the relevant area of coverage to ensure that Legal's role in the second line of defence can be executed
- Advising relevant Management on non-standard legal and reputational risks
- Evaluating and responding to changes in legal and regulatory requirements as they arise
- Provide coaching and guidance for less senior legal counsel
- Broad working experiences in the legal field (practice in the legal department of financial industries, such as banking, securities, insurance, SITE etc., is a plus)
- Wide knowledge and experiences of banking, corporate and securities Taiwan law concepts and a working knowledge of the laws in the major jurisdictions in which HSBC operates
- Familiar with legal/regulatory requirements, legal documents, banking products/services, new digital products/services and cloud outsourcing related to Retail Banking and Wealth Management business, global functions and HOST.
- Self-starter, independent with good organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Developing lateral thinking/ problem solving skills
- Fluent in both Mandarin and English