A leading US-based investment bank is looking to expand its engineering team that builds massively scalable software systems and is helping the trading team towards becoming the top provider in electronic trading by building superior technology and delivering high-quality products.
If you aspire to work with some of the sharpest minds in the industry and on the most cutting edge technologies then this role is for you. As a member of the team, you will play an integral role in the trading floor, and be accountable for the platform architecture in rapid software development of critical components in order execution and post-trade.
- Design, build and maintain a high-performance, high-availability, high-capacity, yet nimble and adaptive platform for order management, exchange connectivity, processing high volumes of ticking data and post-trade processing.
- Develop highly reliable data ingestion processes to consume large volumes of data emitted by trading and market data systems.
- Design distributed computation infrastructure to run parallelized queries over large volumes of data.
- Use data to guide decision-making, developing or enhancing tools as necessary to collect it.
- Communication with traders, sales, clients and compliance officers about new feature requests, explanation of existing features, etc.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in computer science or engineering or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of professional experience developing deterministic high performance, low latency systems (counted in single-digit microseconds)
- Thorough knowledge of Java programming concepts
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented programming, data structures, algorithms, and design patterns.
- Experience in developing distributed architecture systems and messaging protocols.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work in a team
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in data-driven performance analysis and optimizations.
- Experience building state management systems, complex event processing, and transaction sequencing architectures
- JVM internals, tuning for low-latency, GC-free real-time operation
- Prior experience with event sourcing (sequenced core stream) based architecture
- Linux systems programming experience including memory management, concurrent programming infrastructure, and the networking stack
- Over 3 years' experience in the Financial industry